Tuesday, June 14, 2011

mer mer's hummus

I recently made some delicious (garlicky) hummus that my friend Camille asked me to post- much to my joy.  So, I'm sorry for my lack of pictures, but I promise it's yummy!



Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • juice of 1 large lemon
  • 1 bunch of parsley
  • 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • salt
  • olive oil
Directions
  • smash and peel the garlic and throw it in the food processor and give it a quick whirl to break it up
  • dump in your drained and rinsed cans of chickpeas, a heaping pinch of salt, your parsley, and lemon juice (and  a little zest if you like it super lemony like me)
  • start the food processor and drizzle olive oil into it until you get the consistency you want.  
  • try it for more salt and add as needed
  • serve with pita chips dusted with cumin
  • yum!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I needed a quick and easy Hummus recipe!! Love it! I can't seem to find it on here, but do you all have a salsa recipe you really like. I'm on the quest to find one. I tried one last weekend and hubs didn't care for it. I'd rather make it myself. Help oh amazing chefs :)

    ReplyDelete