Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm baacccckkkkk!

and with a recipe for beer bread.  ho.ly. moly.  I thank God for my sweet friend Kristi and for her ability to make delicious food- this being one of my favs that she makes.  I made the sweet potato chili (see the post from March- I added cilantro and avocado and it was DELISH) and Kristi brought over beer bread for dinner.  We watch 24 with her and her husband and tonight we decided we'd include dinner.  I asked her if I could kindly get the recipe from her to post and she obliged!  It's very easy! Doesn't even need any yeast!!


Ingredients:
  • 3 cups flour (she has tried it with whole wheat and it was very dense so beware)
  • 3 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 bottle beer (12 oz I think is what they are)- any kind you want, you can even switch it up.  She has used a cherry beer before that made the bread deliciously sweet so go nuts!
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
Directions:
  • mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
  • make a "well" (a hole in the middle, basically) 
  • pour the beer into the well and fold it in
  • the batter will be "goopy" as Kristi describes it- kinda chunky, too
  • DON'T OVER MIX! It will be tough
  • pour into a sprayed loaf pan 
  • melt the butter and pour over the top of the bread
  • bake at 375 for 50 minutes to 1 hour
  • leave in the pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool (it's delicious when it's eaten warm!)
ok I will be packing and moving over the course of the next week so I might drop off the face of the planet again! Hang with us readers! We really do love you and this blog!! Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment