Monday, November 28, 2011

the REAL DEAL mac and cheese


Hi Friends!!!

1) Hope you all had a fab Thanksgiving.  Kate, I forgot to tell you: I'm thankful for you.  I don't know what I'd do in this life without you!!!

2) So sorry we have neglected our sweet little blog.  Please forgive us.

3) Remember that "creamy" mac and cheese I posted a few weeks back?  FUH-GET-ABOUT-IT.  I mean, yes, it's tasty, but ya'll.  YA'LL.  You have GOT to- I mean GOT TO- make this right here make and cheese.  Here's what Kate and I analyzed after we both made the last kind: mac and cheese is just one of those things that was meant to be unhealthy.  So while there are some perfectly yummy recipes that are "healthy" versions of mac and cheese, those recipes do not yield the rich creaminess that this recipe yields.  It's a replica of the mac and cheese at Panera and if you've ever had their mac and cheese, well then, you know creamy.  I promise you, after trying this version, you WON'T GO BACK.  I was SHOCKED to be making a bechemel sauce in the microwave- but I don't know that I'll ever go back to the stove after how creamy and perfect this bechemel turned out.  Here were the changes I made to the recipe:

-used 2 cups whole milk instead of whatever he said
-omitted the American cheese
-added parmesan

Your husband, kids, wife, uncle, grandpa, grandmother, second cousin, best friend, aquiantence, WHOEVER, will thank you.

M

1 comment: