Friday, December 2, 2011

Mango Dal



Once upon a time I loved Indian food.

Once upon a time my husband hated Indian food.

Once upon a time I cried about this.... literally. Because I'm emotional. And because I wanted to cook it. And because I was imagining a future life in which I would never be able to cook Indian food for my husband.

Once upon a time I married a sweet, self-sacrificing boy who begged me to cook Indian food so I would stop crying.

Once upon a time I made "mango dal". You can find the recipe here. It was delicious and we both loved it. And it was healthy. And it as super fun to make. And I may have sauteed a pound of big beautiful shrimp to accompany the mango dal in order to thank the sweet, self-sacrificing boy for being sweet and self-sacrificing.

Once upon a time, a few weeks later, the boy requested mango dal for dinner.

Once upon a time I stopped crying and proclaimed victory.

1 comment:

  1. Once upon a time, I ate this at small group. And it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete