Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

In keeping with easy recipes, I wanted to share this incredibly easy and healthy recipe for baked oatmeal. It's compliments of my dear friend Kristi.  It's a great breakfast or snack.

Here's the recipe:



BAKED OATMEAL
     1/2 cup applesauce                                2 eggs beaten
     1 cup honey/sugar                                  3 cups quick oatmeal
     2 teaspoons baking powder                    1 teaspoon salt
     1 cup milk

     Combine applesauce,eggs and sugar.  Add oatmeal, baking powder, salt and milk. Add anything you want, from berries to nuts to raisins to flax seed or wheat germ.  Anything goes!  Bake  at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.

my before pic of the batter:

 and after:


and on my fork (with a little cilantro leaf in the background, no less):


yummy, healthy, easy and cheap (I had all the ingredients on hand!)

3 comments:

  1. You would throw cilantro in it! :) This looks really good though! I might have to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha there's no cilantro in it, I just happened to take a pic of it on a cutting board that I had just used to cut cilantro :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! I want to try this. Have you ever made one with Peanut Butter?? Trying to find ways to get Tommy to eat it! haha

    ReplyDelete