Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paulie's Fig and Ricotta Gelato


Every week Anthony's uncle takes us out to dinner. We frequent Paulie's, a little bistro right around the corner where I get the most wonderful arugula and prosciutto pizza.

They also make their own gelato. Need I say more?

When we walked in last week, my jaw hit the ground as I read the new gelato special: "Fig and Ricotta".

Oh my heavens. Are you kidding? Fig and ricotta? Fig and ricotta ice cream?! I was so intrigued.

Anthony's sweet uncle took note of my reaction, and insisted that I have some after the meal.  It was one of the most wonderful gifts I have ever received.

Creamy, sweet, salty, and sophisticated. This is ice cream for grown ups. It made me so happy.

I just found out that one of my good friends has an ice cream machine (cough cough, HK). You better believe that I'm going to track down a recipe and coerce her into making this with me :) Maybe we can do that after yoga in the park?

No comments:

Post a Comment