Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hot Chili Oil


Last week I ran out of olive oil. This has been problematic... olive oil is kind of a key ingredient in the kitchen...

I keep forgetting to pick some up at Kroger, so when I return home to cook, I'm in a bit of a pinch.

Well, I don't have olive oil, but for some strange reason I have "hot chili oil". No idea why.

Since I can't seem to remember to actually buy olive oil, I have been using this hot chili oil as a replacement. The results have been surprisingly good!

It is pleasantly flavorful and spicy. It adds a unique flavor and depth to your dishes...

Last week I used it in a "Texas-style" red beans and rice. Today I added a splash to an asian noodle soup. Don't get me wrong, it adds quite a kick to the food, but if you're like me and you like heat, you'll think it is soooo gooood.

It's true. "Necessity is the mother or invention".

No comments:

Post a Comment