Friday, October 21, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie. Snuggle Me in a Blanket.



Once upon a time,

It was fall in Houston, Texas. Even though there weren't any pretty colored leaves and it wasn't quite cold enough to wear a scarf, the people of Houston were craving home-y, snuggley meals that reminded them of fire places, old books, and warm cuddly blankets.

I made chicken potpie the other night.

Are you impressed? I was impressed. It was quite good.

Now, my mother never made chicken potpie when I was a child... but I'm sure your mother did... So at least I was reliving somebody's childhood.

In the spirit of this blog, I made this chicken potpie on a major budget. Instead of the traditioanl ingredients, I used two medium sweet potatoes, a package of frozen peas, one organic chicken breast, and one small onion. I topped it with my friend's grandmother's pie crust (see the blog entry "Fig and Plum Pie").

I could give you the step by step details of this comforting meal, but I'm too lazy. I adapted it from the Cooking Light recipe. To see this recipe and even watch a little demo video, click here.

Once upon a time,

I thought I didn't like chicken potpie. Then I tried this recipe and realized that... I do. I do indeed like it. You will, too.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome!! I was just online looking for a good recipe for chicken pot pie!

    ReplyDelete