Monday, September 19, 2011

The Premature Death of Kate's September Challenge



I am so over "Clean Eating". This dumb magazine may have good health tips, but they do NOT know how to cook.

I went home this weekend to visit my family and pick up our new foster child. Isn't she cute?



Now Willie has a playmate and he's so happy:



I digress. So I went home this weekend and cooked dinner for the fam Friday night. When I cook at home I get to go crazy with ingredients because los padres pay for the groceries :) I decided to make this wonderful sounding recipe from Clean Eating: "Broiled Scallops and Figs Over a Bed of Shredded Beets". (That's why there's a picture of a fig up at the top.)

How lovely! How exotic! So I thought...

Um. No. I was utterly disappointed and I'll leave it at that.

So I have decided to cut my "September Challenge" short because every recipe I have made out of this magazine has been just "ok" and nothing more. They are way too concentrated on health and not nearly concentrated enough on flavor. I will return to EatingWell and CookingLight for my delicious and nutricious inspirations.

1 comment: