Thursday, August 18, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes Round 2: The Next Day Breakdown

there's our sweet dipsy doodle from the inside


here's my consensus now that I've had one on the day they were baked fresh, and the next day: Maybe I didn't wrap them very well but they dried out a bit the next day- nothing that being coated in delicious icing can't fix, but I had to be honest with you all.  Here are my thoughts: if you are making these for a party (like, a certain precious reader will be possibly making for her son's birthday party..Hi Kristin!) I'd definitely bake them the day OF- or make the batter a day ahead of time and bake them fresh that day- either way- enjoy them freshly baked the DAY OF! Or, you could always make a simple syrup (I wouldn't make it too sweet), poke tiny holes in the tops of the cupcakes, and glaze them with your simple syrup to keep it moist and THEN ice them.  Just a thought- I haven't tried that yet- but it seems like it might be a good idea

until next time my friends- peace out!

3 comments:

  1. MMMMMM.... I want a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOO HOOO!! I have been trying to leave comments and it never ever works...it was making me angry and then tonight Boom it makes my day and actually works! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mere!! Thank you! I will make them the day of. I can't wait to try them!! I'll admit, I love lotsa icing on my cupcakes. :) I know, I'm a little kid :)

    ReplyDelete