Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chile Rellenos

Once upon a midnight dreary...

While I pondered weak and weary...

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotton lore...

I made a healthy and delicious version of chile rellenos. I think Edgar Allen Poe would approve.


Because I am the biggest blog slacker this world has ever seen, the most I can muster up tonight is to give you the link to this incredible recipe. Click here and be delighted by the fact that fried chiles are not off-limits to those seeking to eat well. There is no guilt in a little egg white and canola oil. I stuffed mine with chicken, cheese, and tomatoes. Get creative and stuff yours with whatever ya like. Top 'em with ancho chile salsa and whip up a little corn and black bean salad to go on the side. Yum.

Just in case you're curious as to what I've been doing lately... because I clearly have NOT been blogging.... I'll let you in:

I got a new awesome social work job with a new awesome adoption and foster care agency. Yay!

I have been bringing orange slices and organic juice boxes to my husband's soccer games.


Also, I traded in my 8-year-old Chacos for a new pair of yellow Keens. This was a sad, hard, painful, decision. My chacos survived many summers at Sky Ranch, a treck to the pueblas of rural Mexico, and a couple of visits to the mountains in Africa. It was like saying goodbye to some very old, dear friends.

But let's be real, these shoes are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment