Tuesday, May 29, 2012

chocolate cakelette with basil-infused buttercream

These little morsels of heaven were discovered through this  blog via Pinterest, naturally.  They were SO yum, but I must tell you- they were A LOT of work.  Hers looked significantly better and much of that is due to her having green food coloring (which obviously I didn't have). Here are my quick suggestions:

-For a quicker version, just use the cupcake recipe and icing- skip the meringue.  It's really not that necessary.
-If you are going to make these all out, I'd save it for a REAL special occasion like a baby shower or mother's day
-Don't wait until 10:00 at night to make these like me....although they did make a wonderful midnight snack.

Overall, they're FABULOUS and delightfully flavorful with that interesting layer of basil in that buttercream.  YUM.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment